We are looking for a self-starting, energetic Summer Fellow or contractor with deep expertise in project/infrastructure finance.
We are Odyssey Energy Solutions, a venture-backed early stage start up working to bring electricity to the 1.2 billion people around the world who don't have it. We are developing a platform to simplify, streamline, and reduce the costs of developing and financing distributed energy projects in developing countries. Our goal is to unlock the market and facilitate massive scaling of mini-grids and other distributed energy projects around the world.
Odyssey's co-founders have decades of experience in the clean tech and energy access sectors across public and private organizations. One has been a founding CEO of several enterprises in the energy and climate space, was a partner in private equity, and served in the Obama Administration. The other has been a founder and biz dev exec in off-grid and demand management companies, from the US to rural India. Together we led an international team involved in designing and commissioning >100 mini-grids.
We are looking for a Fellow to help us develop the core functionality for Odyssey's financial analytics. Key responsibilities include: a) developing the project finance models underlying the software platform; b) identifying key features of the finance platform needed to enable proper project diligence by investors; work with dev team to prioritize and build out new features; c) conducting markets analyses on mini-grids and other distributed energy projects in different regions.
The ideal candidate would have:
· 4+ years in project finance (infrastructure-focused), preferably in the energy sector
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills; exceptional financial modeling skills a must
· Wide variety of project finance deals under belt; proven acumen in assessing project risk and structuring deals
· Flexible, innovative mindset; ability to translate technical financial analyses into software development feature roadmap
· Excitement for working with a small, early-stage team ready to make a big impact.
Would prefer role to be based in Boulder, CO but open to discussions of some remote working. Duration of contract flexible.
Please contact us if you are interested!