We are looking for a self-starting, flexible, energetic full stack developer with back-end expertise to join our team in Boulder!
We are Odyssey, a venture-backed early stage start up working to bring electricity to the 1.2 billion people around the world who don't have it. We are developing a platform to simplify, streamline, and reduce the costs of developing and financing micro-grids and distributed energy projects in developing countries. Our goal is to unlock the market and facilitate massive scaling of rural electrification around the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the business leaders and designers to implement solutions to complex business challenges; clearly communicate technology constraints and solutions to business requirements
- Participate in the implementation of a Web based UI leveraging leading edge technologies interfacing with REST based micro- services (primarily back-end)
- Use test-driven techniques to produce quality applications to service our clients in a startup mode
- Mentor junior team members and help drive efficient team processes and collaboration
- Understand the full technology stack and contribute to key architecture decisions
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Java/Spring Boot/SQL essential
- Rest based service development and observables
- Localization experience or knowledge
- Design and layout knowledge would be beneficial
- Penchant for team collaboration and communication, mentorship and leadership, and enthusiasm for an exciting start up with the potential for massive social and environmental impact!
Odyssey's co-founders have decades of experience in the clean tech and energy access sectors across public and private organizations. One has been a founding CEO of several enterprises in the energy and climate space, was a partner in private equity, and served in the Obama Administration. The other has been a founder and biz dev exec in off-grid and demand management companies, from the US to rural India. Together we led an international team involved in designing and commissioning >100 mini-grids.
This position is on-site in our awesome Boulder office.
Contact us if interested!