Procurement Specialist (Contract)
More than a billion people in the world do not have access to electricity. Odyssey Energy Solutions is a Boulder, Colorado-based start-up tackling this global challenge with a big goal: to rapidly scale rural electrification projects around the world by streamlining and reducing the costs of developing and financing solar microgrids. Our big data investment and asset management platform is catalyzing the deployment of hundreds of millions of dollars into the mini-grid and solar home system sectors across Africa. We are well-funded, have great market traction, a great product and a highly collaborative, motivated team that has fun working hard together. We were just recently awarded the Keeling Curve Prize for our work reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The Procurement Specialist will support the development of a new bulk procurement and logistics platform for the off-grid solar sector in Africa.
• Identifies key suppliers for engagement
• Defines terms and creates contracts for off-grid solar hardware suppliers
• Manages relationships with vendors, suppliers, and infrastructure project leads
• Provides strategic support to determine supplier cost and payment processes
• Leads the development of a bulk procurement and logistics platform
This position will work alongside Odyssey’s leadership team to build out the bulk procurement and logistics platform and will manage the relationships with external parties (vendors, supplies, project leads) independently. The Procurement and Logistics Manager will report to the company CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Proven ability to manage and negotiate supplier contracts
• Experience determining supplier costs
• Previous experience in a major procurement/logistics function
• Deep expertise in sourcing & procurement for Africa-based infrastructure projects
• Proven ability to lead projects independently
• Experience working in multiple geographies (Europe, US, China), preferred
Who You Are
You are a go-getter with an ability to identify opportunities and build effective working relationships with anyone. You should have deep experience working in hardware procurement and logistics and feel comfortable making decisions independently.
The location for this position is flexible. The team is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, and you must be available to collaborate with the US team during the morning MDT.