+ VP of Business Development
As VP of Business Development, you’d be working closely with the CEO to leverage the significant market traction Odyssey has gained since launching to bring the business to the next level. In this important role, you would develop strategic partnerships and help define the company’s business development priorities. This role would be highly visible in the sector.
Responsibilities would include:
- Building out the platform’s user base across financiers, project developers, suppliers and others
- Developing partnerships with key stakeholders in the market to advance Odyssey’s vision
- Facilitating successful closure of procurement and financing deals on the platform
- Scoping new markets and implementing new market entry plans
- Identify additional business opportunities and strengthen the organization’s business model
Requirements We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (MBA or similar) preferred
- 7+ years of successful business development experience in the renewable energy sector
- Deep finance expertise (corporate and/or project finance)
- Significant experience, knowledge, and network in emerging markets / energy access sector preferred
- Collaborative nature; great at building strong partnerships and relationships and working closely within a team where all members feel valued and empowered
- Deep internal drive to build something great – and execute on big goals
- Comfort with the dynamism that comes with an early stage start up
This position could be based in Boulder with 30-40% travel, or in Europe or Africa.
Contact us if interested!
+ Full Stack Engineer
As a full stack engineer at Odyssey, you’d be in a mission-critical role, contributing to all parts of our complex, innovative and exciting product with the potential to have a major global impact. You would have a lot dynamic projects to work on, spanning the full technology stack. You would be building and launching features quickly, working in close collaboration with the whole team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features (we have lots of cool stuff to build!)
- Collaborate with the business and product team members to gather and understand requirements
- Design and implement overall architecture of web applications, mobile applications and APIs
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot system issues
- Perform routine system maintenance and upgrades
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Highly experienced with Object Oriented Programming languages such as Java (strong preference for experience with Java)
- 4+ years professional experience in full stack software development
- Good understanding of cloud architecture
- Experienced with developing and consuming REST APIs
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop is a plus
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (we use Git)
- Familiarity with the following frameworks : Spring & Spring Boot, Angular, RxJS, CloudFoundry
- Ability to run independently with projects while maintaining close collaboration with team members
This position is based on-site in Boulder.
Contact us if interested!